Peter Marshall

Me262 A-1a, Komamando Nowotny-Poilot, Major Walter Nowotny

Nice work. Not sure if you're aware, but this colour scheme is most likely fictitious. The colour scheme is more like those aircraft from III. EJG 2. There's only 3 or 4 known pictures of Kommando Nowotny aircraft, one is a 'white 8', but does not look like this colour scheme. Falkeins blog has a nice piece on it.

http://falkeeins.blogspot.com.au/search?q=nowotny

Nice job Pete,she looks just like you could jump in and go for a ride.

How many hours on those engines??

If the elevators are drooped, shouldn't the joystick be against the instrument panel? Otherwise the ground crew needs a nice little high-decibel talking to by the Feldwebel ;)

I'm happy to accept artistic/modellers licence, otherwise there's no end to it. Is the U/C lever selected 'down'? Is the flap selector 'down'? Why is the hood open and unattended (a hanging offence at VGS)? Why isn't the harness looped around the stick (time honoured control lock that usually puts the surfaces all over the place!)? And on and on...

• Like 1

It's a pilot thing. Seeing the stick in neutral makes us expect the control surfaces to match. Anything else screams "UNSAFE!!!!eleventy"

Frankly, I don't see how you have the nerve to post this up with such a fubar with the joystick!! ;) :P

Seriously, though. She's a right proper beaut matey. Bravo sir (y)

5 hours ago, UncleGrumpy said:

Seriously, though. She's a right proper beaut matey. Bravo sir (y)

I should hasten to say that I completely echo this sentiment. It's a nicely built model and a triumph over Trumpeter's poorly fitting gun doors. I'll just take my pilot phobias away where they won't do any upset, shall I?