There's not much I would improve on that one. The weathering is present as is the fit and finish.

Looks like you've made extensive use of glue - this is a good thing.

The roundels are oriented correctly and the wheel count is spot on.

I like the way the potato creates a counterpoint to the composition too! Where did you get the potato by the way?

If I have to be pushed to find something wrong, the only thing I would have done differently is to add a pilot into the scene to add to the sense of drama - you could fashion one out of pipe cleaners quite easily.

I think there are some serious shape issues at play here. I've taken your original photo and I've added some lines to illustrate this:

smugness.jpg

I hope that even the most inferior modeler can spot the issues I'm referring to. I'd bin that potato right now and find a more appropriate one. In the meantime I will have to look down upon your efforts to date.

John

Edited by jgrease

The red line , bottom right, I think it's a 1/48 line and not a 1/72 so your comparisons are invalid.

7 hours ago, jgrease said:

I think there are some serious shape issues at play here. I've taken your original photo and I've added some lines to illustrate this:

smugness.jpg

I hope that even the most inferior modeler can spot the issues I'm referring to. I'd bin that potato right now and find a more appropriate one. In the meantime I will have to look down upon your efforts to date.

John

Oh god I wondered when the red line of shame would appear 

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 6:01 PM, Norman said:

An unwashed potato ? how on earth are we to take this man seriously ? just gross forgetfulness 

Unwashed potato? I was just admiring the superb weathering!

4 minutes ago, ChrisM said:

You clearly enjoyed building this model, and I am sure we are all waiting to see what else you can doO.o

I know Jonathan is keen on space exploration so my money is on a model of Spudnik 

Here is my effort
000_0024_zpsskrk9hgp.jpg

On 28 July 2016 at 14:26, jgrease said:

smugness.jpg

John

PMSL!!! Gastonitis takes a hold ;)

Hi Johnathan I've been thinking about your next build and i think I have two options for you as i think its time youmoved onto something more tricky for your next build so here's what i suggest either the Zokei Muira version with the full interior should you wish.

QmWKEl.jpg

or the Eduard Bunny fighter club version limited edition which is my particular favourite

BLRZQP.jpg

either way its up to you

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I very much doubt that is a real potato, for starters the colour doesn't match the standard Golden Wonder colour chips and the weathering is way over the top, far too much pre shading too. At this time of year it would be suffering from blight. I think it's a plant!

Duncan B

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, BlackMike Models said:

. I think it's a plant!

Duncan B

Of course it's a plant!

It's a pot-tat-o.

• Like 1

Beautiful job, a true shake and bake, Lovely crisp work. I mean that raleigh.

Regards

Richard

P.s I prefer Badger airbrushes as they come in a set and as you will likely know, live underground, just like potatoes.

Edited by Mulder1966
  • Haha 2