on a Saturday afternoon many moons ago. Enough for a kit and some Black Jacks. Last time I bought this kit I remember paying 35p. Siskin, complete with ropey painted man and thumb prints. First time I've used a chap for many years. I was going to fill up the cockpit a bit but changed tack. There is an instrument panel in there though, honest.

20210306-150755.jpg

Those Black Jacks are quite big compared to the fuselage.

20210306-172844.jpg

• Like 10

Black Jacks, Fruit Salads and Sherbet Flying Saucers off a penny tray!  Those were the days. xD
Cool!  Nice one Skwonk.

When I was but a young thing we used to get two black jacks for a half a penny, an old penny that is.

Oh and that Siskin takes me back as well

• Like 2

No in progress shots as such as I haven't done much on it. The Black jacks were nice though. One thing which puzzled me was the tail fin looked to be a terrible fit with a gap at the base at the front. However, a bit of mooching and I found this phot. You can see clearly the little gap at the base of the fin front so BZ Matchbox for getting it right. Even Biggles looks pleased.

f0ad58ead5b9789526958da39b6cc50c.jpg

• Like 7

Yup, Matchbox got things right with virtually all of their biplanes/between the wars aircraft. Somebody had a love of the period, and it shows. Colour of the plastic.....meh!

Paul

• Like 2

Love this kit, even still have one in the stash although it cost a tad more than 35p! Looking forward to the progress on this one, a real throw back. But that plastic colour ......... 🤢

And the black Jacks, think I remember them as a penny a piece but the shop always trusted you to count them out correctly :devil: the mugs!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, phoenix54 said:

Colour of the plastic.....meh!

Yeah, would have alright as a Kaydett but.. Anyway got some bits together and a base of black on the enginey bits and shaped the rear face of the prop a bit better.

20210308-213941.jpg

20210308-214151.jpg

• Like 10

This may look a bit esra about ecaf putting the undercart on now but I'm just going to brush that bit. Not going too in depth with detail. After all there's a a Matchbox 190 and 109 that need downing before going on to sink an Airfix Scharnhorst with that pair of popguns before coming away unscathed to watch the wrestling on World of Sport.

20210310-164138.jpg

Edited by skwonk
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 06/03/2021 at 17:46, skwonk said:

on a Saturday afternoon many moons ago. Enough for a kit and some Black Jacks. Last time I bought this kit I remember paying 35p. Siskin, complete with ropey painted man and thumb prints. First time I've used a chap for many years. I was going to fill up the cockpit a bit but changed tack. There is an instrument panel in there though, honest.

20210306-150755.jpg

Those Black Jacks are quite big compared to the fuselage.

20210306-172844.jpg

and wagon wheels were the size of ........................................ummmm...............ah wagon wheels, and curly wurlys were 1 metre long

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Doesn't really show in this light but got some black and yellow on bits and Xtracolor 38 on the fabric areas. 

20210312-153334.jpg

• Like 7

Sprayed some Revell 90 on the metal bits and did some more painting of bits. The Revell is brighter than the photo suggests. The brown panel aft of the pit is brush painted and needs another coat.

20210313-172651.jpg

• Like 6

Not much to add. Struts are in place allowing the wing to be dropped on. I've tried this and it works. Made a schoolboy error which I noticed today. Forgot to spray the underside fabric areas so had to do this bit again. Exhausts have some washes over them and need refining.

20210315-171241.jpg

• Like 6

13 hours ago, Grunhertz said:

looks like a lot more modern tooling 

1974 vintage and despite the age the decals went on without any issues.

20210316-095949.jpg

• Like 5