Grunhertz

100 years of the RAF group build

So the request is in there appears to be interest. And this is what we have so far 

Any RAF subject April 1st 1918 to present day. Can be aircraft, figures, vehicles and even boats. 

Running dates will be 

1st April 2018 to 15th September 2018 (Battle of Britain day) 

So far we have support from 

Grunhertz 

Paul Brown 

Mish 

Gadfly

Duncan B

Brad g 

Drichc 

Andy 

Col 

SWB 

Darren

Andrew E

Dean large 

Sir Talbot buxomly 

So let's use this for chat and see where we go. 

I was thinking of doing my 1/24 Trumpeter Hurricane Mk1 or if that’s a bit ambitious perhaps a WnW Snipe in RAF markings...

• Like 1

Great, already got 2, yes 2, little projects lined up, just waiting for all the bits to arrive. I am going for what I consider to be the 2 most famous RAF aircraft,

Cheers Andy 

Me too I don't build much RAF....Yeah yeah I know 😀😀

Maybe a captured 109???? 😀

No it will probably be something more recent

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Grunhertz said:

Me too I don't build much RAF....Yeah yeah I know 😀😀

Maybe a captured 109???? 😀

No it will probably be something more recent

Drat and double drat :) It's ok I have some more left of field thoughts going on in my head. There are so many subjects and genres to choose from anyway so I think this could turn out to be a really eclectic GB.

2 hours ago, Gadfly said:

I was thinking of doing my 1/24 Trumpeter Hurricane Mk1 or if that’s a bit ambitious perhaps a WnW Snipe in RAF markings...

Oh now you're talking! a WnW Snipe (in post war colours has to be one of my favourites of the whole range), more ideas spring to mind!!

For a man who also doesn't build a lot of RAF stuff I am certainly getting lots of good ideas.

Duncan B

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Grunhertz said:

You can do your captured 109 Duncan I'm thinking lightning tornado or hunter 

I'm thinking of a few things that don't even have wings!!

DB

Okay, add me to the list, likely do a Hunter or Harrier but there's plenty other choices in the stash.

• Like 1

I could be up for this I could do one of the Shackleton's or other types my Grandfather crewed during his time in the RAF. 

Edited by Darren
  • Like 4

Count me on this as well if it goes ahead.  So many to choose from in the stash but I think I may go for a WnW Ninak or Bristol Fighter. 

• Like 1

Would it need to be in RAF markings or could I do say, a Spitfire in Turkish markings? Or a Hurricane in Japanese markings? 

I presume captured equipment in RAF markings is fine...ME 262 in RAF roundels etc?

Edited by BradG

Not my call but I’d say for an RAF themed GB it would probably need to be in RAF markings... 

Decision made. No winged thing for me.

I'm in with this, plus Eduard etch and AFVC's own 'workable' tracks (if they're like the Centurion ones that means they fall apart a lot!).

I give you the mighty Scorpion...............:scooter:, as used by the RAF Regiment:horse:

c87b0880-8270-48a2-a4c2-cd619c839d74.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Drichc said:

Decision made. No winged thing for me.

I'm in with this, plus Eduard etch and AFVC's own 'workable' tracks (if they're like the Centurion ones that means they fall apart a lot!).

I give you the mighty Scorpion...............:scooter:, as used by the RAF Regiment:horse:

c87b0880-8270-48a2-a4c2-cd619c839d74.jpg

That was one of my ideas too. It used to make me laugh when the Armourers would ride around in their 'little Panzer' during exercises (they had a Scimitar for supposedly blowing up UXBs).

I look forward to seeing this one progress.

Duncan B

• Haha 1

On 3/11/2018 at 9:49 PM, AndrewE said:

Count me on this as well if it goes ahead.  So many to choose from in the stash but I think I may go for a WnW Ninak or Bristol Fighter. 

I'm sitting here fondling a WnW NINAK post war as I type. The things I do when left alone in the house of a morning, no Jeremy Kyle or Homes under the Hammer for me Sir!

Duncan B

Just now, BlackMike Models said:

I'm sitting here fondling a WnW NINAK post war as I type. The things I do when left alone in the house of a morning, no Jeremy Kyle or Homes under the Hammer for me Sir!

Duncan B

Wondering if I should cancel the Su-35 now. God knows what you'll have done to it.:hope:

• Haha 2

Just now, Drichc said:

I'm hoping 5 1/2 months is enough. :ermm: The odds actually aren't very good!

That's about how long I think the Armourers would have taken to actually hit the UXB.

DB

1 minute ago, BlackMike Models said:

That's about how long I think the Armourers would have taken to actually hit the UXB.

DB

LOL. Thankfully never had much to do with armourers or 'Rocks'.

Edited by Drichc
  • Like 1

Just now, Drichc said:

Wondering if I should cancel the Su-35 now. God knows what you'll have done to it.:hope:

:spam:  Don't do that, after all the sleepless nights I've had trying to source them (they should be here in about 10-14 days). I'll be doing more than fondling them, I fully intend making one!! :spam:

DB

• Haha 1