Sign in to follow this  
BlackMike Models

Scale Scotland September 2021 *Cancelled*

I received an email from the organisers of Scale Scotland, held in Murrayfield Stadium Edinburgh every September, that they have cancelled the 2021 Show due to the ongoing Cover situation. I have to say I am not surprised by this and as I stated last year I doubt very many Shows will go ahead in 2021.

Duncan B

• Sad 2

39 minutes ago, Grunhertz said:

jesus september! at this rate we won't be going to telford either 

We shall see.

I have heard that many venues are bringing in new charges for deep cleaning before and after events (which means they are charging twice for each if they have more than one booking back to back). I would guess that event insurance costs have probably shot through the roof too so I suspect many of the smaller Shows might struggle to justify the new costs of putting a show on at all.

Duncan B

not surprised to be honest

to be honest i dont think id feel comfortable going to a show anyway, even with 'precautions'

• Like 1

I personally think all events like this should be cancelled this year, to give a chance for everyone to get vaccinated and the pandemic to die down. Lets be honest, a lot of people that go to these events are in the higher risk groups, so it needs to be as safe as possible. Then as mentioned are the costs, if venues put the costs up, then show organisers will need to do the same and that will put off some traders and regular show attendees. In short it all points to us having to be patient and wait until shows can be put on safely for reasonable costs. On the plus it does give us more time to build something for the next show....

thanks

Mike

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, MikeMx said:

I personally think all events like this should be cancelled this year, to give a chance for everyone to get vaccinated and the pandemic to die down. Lets be honest, a lot of people that go to these events are in the higher risk groups, so it needs to be as safe as possible. Then as mentioned are the costs, if venues put the costs up, then show organisers will need to do the same and that will put off some traders and regular show attendees. In short it all points to us having to be patient and wait until shows can be put on safely for reasonable costs. On the plus it does give us more time to build something for the next show....

thanks

Mike

totally agree!

i can see it from both sides though......vendors want shows so they can make some money, clubs want shows for the social side of it, punters want shows for bargains

me?......id rather stay safe...im one of those in the higher risk bracket .....i miss seeing friends/club mates at shows but its not as if i have lost all contact.........internet/zoom/facebook/watsapp etc is a wonderful thing........and to be honest, ive spent just as much not going to shows cos i buy stuff online (in fact ive spent money more wisely since ive bought stuff i need/want not impulse buying things that just go in the stash forever......although, only 20 minutes ago i bought my first kit in 5 months!!!

it will be nice when we do get shows cos the tables will be full of new stuff!...get tired of seeing the same things show after show

• Like 3