Shuttleworth collection Feb 18th 

Peterborough March 4th 

Southern Expo March  17th and 18th

Milton Keynes April 22nd 

Hinckley tba may 

Essex modeller show July 22nd 

Please feel free to bring any models to put on tables at any of our shows

• Like 3

Great, thanks for posting. I will definitely come along to help at Cosford and Milton Keynes. Might make Peterborough too. 

• Like 1

Sorry Kev we only heard the other day we aren't in at cosford app it's a smaller show

But we are looking for another venue and shoe in the Midlands as we speak 

I'll still go but will miss you lots! Life has been kicking me in the teeth quite a bit lately so I need a bit of retail therapy!

I'm sure it's not your fault mate. Just means I get a lie in before I go this year. :)

4 hours ago, goon said:

I'm sure it's not your fault mate. Just means I get a lie in before I go this year. :)

I'll keep an eye out for you, shame that such a good show is winding down. 

• Like 1

To be honest I'm getting worried about the show scene in the UK 

MK is smaller 

Southern Expo is in doubt after 2019 

Cosford being scaled down 

Yeovilton gone 

Thank God for bovington  

We are only going to be left with Telford soon, we all know that we are in the Golden age of modelling but our generation will also be the one that gets to watch the decline of the hobby too!

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Grunhertz said:

Kev I get the feeling there's a kilt obsession going on 🤣

It's understandable mate, as long as Tammy doesn't find out, you can obsess about whatever you want! :D

• Haha 1

On 3/21/2018 at 8:06 PM, Grunhertz said:

To be honest I'm getting worried about the show scene in the UK 

**Warning, Thread-jack/rant in progress** 

There are several factors at work here. Firstly, there are some show organisers who think that Traders have a bottomless pit of cash to pay to support their shows with scant regard for the return that the Traders will see on their outlay (yes, the Traders are aware that it is a risky business buying stock and associated costs to attend a show with no guarantees of a profit on the day but most will assess the risk before deciding whether to attend or not). I have seen it in action recently where a Club Show wants to grow so has increased the number of Traders (so that they can charge them for tables) with no regard as to increasing footfall through the door to provide the Traders with customers (so actually decreasing the 'punters' per Trader ratio at that show), ultimately the Traders will make less and not come back the following year.

There was a rather nasty debacle about unrealistic Public Liability Insurance levels at a well known show last year that caused quite a few Traders to drop out at the last minute and this has spread to some other shows recently (£10M PLI for selling bits of plastic is, frankly, nuts!). To increase PLI to that kind of level has a cost implication to small businesses and will be another consideration in that risk assessment I mentioned above.

Once Show Organisers start squeezing the Traders their shows are on a countdown to oblivion. Shows need Traders and Traders need Shows (but not at any cost).

Rant over, I'll take my meds now :)

Duncan B

• Like 2

In defence of Scale Model World, as I understand it the PLI requirements are laid down by The International Centre, not the IPMS and traders were reminded that they needed to have proof of cover in order to set up shop. I agree that £10 million seems daft, but we live in an increasingly litigious world.

Vince @ Modelsforsale told me how much his pitch at SMW costs and frankly I was shocked. Time you add in travel and overnight accommodation you need to be able to shift an awful lot of stock, but he's usually smiling come 4 'o'clock on the Sunday. I do think us as punters need to be more aware (and thankful) of the amount that traders put in to keep the show scene viable.

• Like 3