Sign in to follow this  
Kpnuts

Pocher 1/4 Ducati

Cracking job Ken, looks great. Makes me want to go and buy one so I can shock everyone with a fluorescent pink paint job 😎

Would be great if you could bring it to one of the shows we’re at.

• Like 1

Sorry but people just don't like my stuff in the flesh I used to take my stuff to the local model club and they all said oh you should bring your models to the next show they are so good. I took the Christine dio and the warspite dios (which at the time I thought was my best work) not a single person even stopped to look (tbh considering the other models on display I'm not surprised) I used to think I was quite good at this but that was an eye opener, i don't specialize in anything as I don't know much about anything but if I did motorcycles would be the thing I've lived and breathed them all my life I used to build and customise them as a job for a long time so I know how a ridden bike looks if I had a specialize subject this would be it. That said I just am not good enough to display at a shows the photos look good the actual model is a different thing.

Oh I don’t know Ken, every show is different, I sat behind the table at some shows and not a single person has looked at anything on the table, far more interested in searching for bargains under the table. 😀

Quite honestly I reckon your models especially this one would look great on BxM’s tables. Anyway we treat shows as a fun and banter meet. 😀

• Like 1

Have to agree with Mish. My models are far from brilliant but I do enjoy putting them out at the shows. Some people comment MOST don't. Am I bothered? Not in the slightest. I'll be one of those sniffing under the table (looking for bargains!). I find inspiration looking at others work and of course as Mish says the fun and banter. I wouldn't give up on displaying your work Ken.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Steve Weston said:

Have to agree with Mish. My models are far from brilliant but I do enjoy putting them out at the shows. Some people comment MOST don't. Am I bothered? Not in the slightest. I'll be one of those sniffing under the table (looking for bargains!). I find inspiration looking at others work and of course as Mish says the fun and banter. I wouldn't give up on displaying your work Ken.

Banter Steve? I don't know what you mean? 

On the topic of displaying at shows: unless you're sat a a table all day long it's difficult to say exactly who's looking at what. Ken, I'd be surprised if nobody actually looked at your stuff, the items in question were full of interest and creativity. I'm sure lots of people would stop to look at your Duke. 

• Like 2

Ken, you've produced a great looking Bike, if you photographed in your driveway it would look like a real Ducati, BTW I really like the blue,

Cheers Andy

Same as the others Ken, I've been a biker since I was fifteen and this is a thing of beauty! 

I can definitely say that if this was on a table at a show it would stop me in my tracks!

Well done pal!