Sign in to follow this  
The flyer

Peterborough Scale Model Club Show 2018

Hi everyone, Just a reminder that the Peterborough Show is on the 4th March 2018 at the Queen Katharine Academy ( the Voyager ) Peterborough.

I still have room for more clubs and traders who wish to come. If you do then please get in touch via this site or peterboroughscalemodelclub-show@outlook.com

Regards

Ken Almen

Show secretary

• Like 2

Hi everyone,

Still not sure whether it will be on or , it all depends on the school. They were open today but will be closed tomorrow Friday. If the school is open then the show will be on. I will know about 11.00 Friday and will try to let everybody know.

Ken Almen

Show secretary

48 minutes ago, The flyer said:

Hi everyone,

Still not sure whether it will be on or , it all depends on the school. They were open today but will be closed tomorrow Friday. If the school is open then the show will be on. I will know about 11.00 Friday and will try to let everybody know.

Ken Almen

Show secretary

Good luck with the weather, I hope it goes ahead.

Duncan B

Hi everyone,

Sadly, yes we have just made that decision to cancel. It can't be guaranteed that the school will be open and what with the freezing conditions it was decided to cancel. There will be an email being sent out shortly to all clubs and traders explaining the situation.
Ken 
  • Sad 1

Thanks Ken - disappointing, not least for you and everyone who's worked so hard to put the show on - but undoubtedly the right decision.

• Like 1

EVerybody involved in organising the show must be extremely disappointed, but without doubt the right decision. If it's any consolation I don't think anybody would have predicted such extreme weather conditions early in March (although I can remember driving through a blizzard on the way to Cosford in April!).

• Like 1

The right decision under the circumstances, some Traders and Clubs could be travelling quite a distance to attend and their safety has to be considered along with the general public's.

I hope the organisers are not going to lose out financially and that they are able to reschedule the Show.

Duncan B

• Like 1

My thoughts are with Ken and the organisers as someone who has had to deal with training courses over this week all over the country sometimes you have to take a decision. With people complaining that their course was cancelled due to the weather and others complaining that theirs wasn't. Believe me you just can't win. 

I do hope that the organisers can reschedule as this is one great show and it'd be a shame if it didn't happen 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Grunhertz said:

My thoughts are with Ken and the organisers as someone who has had to deal with training courses over this week all over the country sometimes you have to take a decision. With people complaining that their course was cancelled due to the weather and others complaining that theirs wasn't. Believe me you just can't win. 

I do hope that the organisers can reschedule as this is one great show and it'd be a shame if it didn't happen 

You can't please all the people all the time so long as you know you've done the right thing for the right reasons that's all that counts.

I do hope the show is rescheduled as I was tempted to trade at it but the original date was no use for me.

Duncan B

• Like 1