Mad Steve

Civil Aviation GB.

5 hours ago, Mad Steve said:

Roll up Roll up....

Join the GB and get free doughnuts at steves place tomorrow morning 😬

*T&C apply. Such schemes are subject to market risks, read all scheme related documents carefully. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 02/03/2021 at 01:53, Vaastav said:

*T&C apply.

I've started a rumour that you and @Gorby are collaborating on this:

Its 48468_1458984437_1470808738.jpg

It is almost the same shape as a tank or a jeep type so you should have no problems.

• Like 3

Have so many civil planes. Are record breakers ok; like aviatrix 30’s Golden Age. Friend creates beauties at Dekno Models. Albert. Lovely man, artisan.

Leopard Moth? 

A few GB’s clise together? Would like to do Mercedes car and this and another GB too 😁! Too many at once. Advice on spacing out please people.

Happy Friday 😊 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Arctica 123 said:

Advice on spacing out please people.

Most chemical means for this are illegal but I'm sure your 'in box' will be flooded . Perhaps @Mish could send you some Russian spammers contacts. :D

• Haha 6

5 hours ago, Vaastav said:

I will start on a Ka-50 Black Shark

Lovely choice.

Please do it in this scheme but paint the nose red.

_D.jpg

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, RWG686 said:

It is almost the same shape as a tank or a jeep type so you should have no problems.

That was pretty much my thinking when I chose my second ever scratch-build when I was teen back in the late Jurassic. I built the Bede BD-4 because it had a square section fuselage and flat windows.

BedeBD-4C-FORD.JPG

And no, I don't fancy building it again... but it has reminded me of another civil aircraft that I've always wanted to build - I'll give it some thinks.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Arctica 123 said:

A few GB’s clise together? Would like to do Mercedes car and this and another GB too 😁! Too many at once. Advice on spacing out please people.

You'll have plenty of time Artica. 3-4 months per GB. Car one is up first, no decision made yet for whats coming after that yet. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Arctica 123 said:

Nobody says you have to finish them ;) 

1 hour ago, RWG686 said:

Lovely choice.

Please do it in this scheme but paint the nose red.

_D.jpg

...then call it Rudolf! :D 

• Haha 5

On 05/03/2021 at 23:15, Col. said:

Nobody says you have to finish them ;) 

Thank you. It’s best to try. There are elves here that will bite my ankles if I don’t 😁 

Does this count as civil? Used in a race ...

04-AE1-F58-4-B87-4967-BD60-B5-DE6-D249-B

Apologies for over exposure, not got my spectacles to hand 🤓 

Nice? Innit?

• Like 4

On 05/03/2021 at 21:55, Gorby said:

That was pretty much my thinking when I chose my second ever scratch-build when I was teen back in the late Jurassic. I built the Bede BD-4 because it had a square section fuselage and flat windows.

BedeBD-4C-FORD.JPG

And no, I don't fancy building it again... but it has reminded me of another civil aircraft that I've always wanted to build - I'll give it some thinks.

It’s luverly. Looking forward to your another one thinks . Civil is good...

Edited by Arctica 123
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Arctica 123 said:

ooooh I like

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Arctica 123 said:

Thank you. It’s best to try. There are elves here that will bite my ankles if I don’t 😁 

Nice? Innit?

Yep innit, 

• Like 1

Morning everyone 😬👋

If you have some South African Airways (SAA) decals in your stash, keep them and add them to your Dead Airlines pile, because SAA is for all intents and purposes, dead. Not the bat lurgy that killed it, but 10 or more years of total mismanagement. Crew and staff basically havent been paid since August. All flight crew locked out since december, and now they've realised what a mistake that was, they dont have pilot training officers to train and accredit 'new' pilots... and their coffee sucked, so no great loss 😬

• Sad 2

Looks like Air India might be going the same way due to government mismanagement. When it was under Tata, it was world class.

There are talks of privatisation etc. Let's see

• Sad 2

I've been a bit naughty 
Saw a Revell 1/72 Heinkel He70 F for a tenner all in.
When I looked to see what decal options were included discovered that the boxing is a repop of the ICM kit.

Looks like the kit comes with the passenger seats for the civvie version and hopefully I will be able to use the Civil markings from one of my two ex Matchbox kits 

• Like 4

On 12/03/2021 at 07:27, Mad Steve said:

Morning everyone 😬👋

If you have some South African Airways (SAA) decals in your stash, keep them and add them to your Dead Airlines pile, because SAA is for all intents and purposes, dead. Not the bat lurgy that killed it, but 10 or more years of total mismanagement. Crew and staff basically havent been paid since August. All flight crew locked out since december, and now they've realised what a mistake that was, they dont have pilot training officers to train and accredit 'new' pilots... and their coffee sucked, so no great loss 😬

Sounds just about right for the "Colonial Gentlemen" that run your neck of the woods Steve.