Jump to content
Mad Steve

Civil Aviation GB.

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Mad Steve said:

Roll up Roll up....

Join the GB and get free doughnuts at steves place tomorrow morning 😬

*T&C apply. Such schemes are subject to market risks, read all scheme related documents carefully. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/03/2021 at 01:53, Vaastav said:

*T&C apply.

I've started a rumour that you and @Gorby are collaborating on this:

 

Its 48468_1458984437_1470808738.jpg

It is almost the same shape as a tank or a jeep type so you should have no problems.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Have so many civil planes. Are record breakers ok; like aviatrix 30’s Golden Age. Friend creates beauties at Dekno Models. Albert. Lovely man, artisan.

Leopard Moth? 
 

A few GB’s clise together? Would like to do Mercedes car and this and another GB too 😁! Too many at once. Advice on spacing out please people.

 

Happy Friday 😊 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Arctica 123 said:

Advice on spacing out please people.

Most chemical means for this are illegal but I'm sure your 'in box' will be flooded . Perhaps @Mish could send you some Russian spammers contacts. :D

  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Vaastav said:

I will start on a Ka-50 Black Shark

Lovely choice.

Please do it in this scheme but paint the nose red.

_D.jpg

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, RWG686 said:

It is almost the same shape as a tank or a jeep type so you should have no problems.

That was pretty much my thinking when I chose my second ever scratch-build when I was teen back in the late Jurassic. I built the Bede BD-4 because it had a square section fuselage and flat windows.

BedeBD-4C-FORD.JPG

And no, I don't fancy building it again... but it has reminded me of another civil aircraft that I've always wanted to build - I'll give it some thinks.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Arctica 123 said:

A few GB’s clise together? Would like to do Mercedes car and this and another GB too 😁! Too many at once. Advice on spacing out please people.

You'll have plenty of time Artica. 3-4 months per GB. Car one is up first, no decision made yet for whats coming after that yet. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Arctica 123 said:

A few GB’s clise together? Would like to do Mercedes car and this and another GB too 😁! Too many at once. Advice on spacing out please people.

Nobody says you have to finish them ;) 

1 hour ago, RWG686 said:

Lovely choice.

Please do it in this scheme but paint the nose red.

_D.jpg

...then call it Rudolf! :D 

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/03/2021 at 23:15, Col. said:

Nobody says you have to finish them ;) 

Thank you. It’s best to try. There are elves here that will bite my ankles if I don’t 😁 

Does this count as civil? Used in a race ...

04-AE1-F58-4-B87-4967-BD60-B5-DE6-D249-B

Apologies for over exposure, not got my spectacles to hand 🤓 

Nice? Innit?

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/03/2021 at 21:55, Gorby said:

That was pretty much my thinking when I chose my second ever scratch-build when I was teen back in the late Jurassic. I built the Bede BD-4 because it had a square section fuselage and flat windows.

BedeBD-4C-FORD.JPG

And no, I don't fancy building it again... but it has reminded me of another civil aircraft that I've always wanted to build - I'll give it some thinks.

It’s luverly. Looking forward to your another one thinks . Civil is good...

Edited by Arctica 123
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Arctica 123 said:

Does this count as civil? Used in a race ...

04-AE1-F58-4-B87-4967-BD60-B5-DE6-D249-B

Apologies for over exposure, not got my spectacles to hand 🤓 

ooooh I like

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Arctica 123 said:

Thank you. It’s best to try. There are elves here that will bite my ankles if I don’t 😁 

Does this count as civil? Used in a race ...

04-AE1-F58-4-B87-4967-BD60-B5-DE6-D249-B

Apologies for over exposure, not got my spectacles to hand 🤓 

Nice? Innit?

Yep innit, 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Morning everyone 😬👋

If you have some South African Airways (SAA) decals in your stash, keep them and add them to your Dead Airlines pile, because SAA is for all intents and purposes, dead. Not the bat lurgy that killed it, but 10 or more years of total mismanagement. Crew and staff basically havent been paid since August. All flight crew locked out since december, and now they've realised what a mistake that was, they dont have pilot training officers to train and accredit 'new' pilots... and their coffee sucked, so no great loss 😬

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like Air India might be going the same way due to government mismanagement. When it was under Tata, it was world class.

There are talks of privatisation etc. Let's see

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been a bit naughty 
Saw a Revell 1/72 Heinkel He70 F for a tenner all in.
When I looked to see what decal options were included discovered that the boxing is a repop of the ICM kit.

Looks like the kit comes with the passenger seats for the civvie version and hopefully I will be able to use the Civil markings from one of my two ex Matchbox kits 
 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/03/2021 at 07:27, Mad Steve said:

Morning everyone 😬👋

If you have some South African Airways (SAA) decals in your stash, keep them and add them to your Dead Airlines pile, because SAA is for all intents and purposes, dead. Not the bat lurgy that killed it, but 10 or more years of total mismanagement. Crew and staff basically havent been paid since August. All flight crew locked out since december, and now they've realised what a mistake that was, they dont have pilot training officers to train and accredit 'new' pilots... and their coffee sucked, so no great loss 😬

Sounds just about right for the "Colonial Gentlemen" that run your neck of the woods Steve.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...