Count me in. I can't build a weekend kit in 18 months if my recent record is anything to go by but Mrs B has insisted I have a go (maybe she is looking for 48 hours of peace and quiet?).

I have a few to choose from so once I come off on Holiday I'll make my selection and will let you know what I'm going to fail with :)

Duncan B

• Like 1

Looking forward to it Duncan I went through the other night and I have everything including paint so for a change I don't need to buy anything 

• Like 1

Excuse the “duh” question, but am I right to think all Eduard Weekend kits in 1/48 & 1/72 have wings? If not please point me in the right direction. Thanks

Edited by Toolmaker

I'm currently doing the build of a 1/48 Bf 110 and I might have some gaps, any advice on a quick drying filler ? 

I have squadron white putty, Vallejo putty, mr surfaced 500 or mr dissolved putty available.

Euan

10 minutes ago, euang said:

I'm currently doing the build of a 1/48 Bf 110 and I might have some gaps, any advice on a quick drying filler ? 

I have squadron white putty, Vallejo putty, mr surfaced 500 or mr dissolved putty available.

Euan

Vallejo is my filler of choice it's quick 

• Like 1

I've had a look through what I have and have whittled the list down to these two. Not what I originally thought I'd go for but a change is as good as a rest as they say.

IMG_3244-L.jpg

I'm leaning towards the Hellcat as I've the Mission Models acrylics I want to try out but the same applies to the Mig-15 too so we'll see what happens on Boxing Day when I go to make a start (I can hear you Col, "Bet he changes his mind and makes a 109 anyway"!

Duncan B

• Like 2

8 hours ago, BlackMike Models said:

I've had a look through what I have and have whittled the list down to these two. Not what I originally thought I'd go for but a change is as good as a rest as they say...I'm leaning towards the Hellcat as I've the Mission Models acrylics I want to try out but the same applies to the Mig-15 too so we'll see what happens on Boxing Day when I go to make a start (I can hear you Col, "Bet he changes his mind and makes a 109 anyway"!

If you could hear me it'd be "You ain't finished that other Hellcat yet!" followed by a whispered "Do the MiG, go on, you know you want to."

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, BlackMike Models said:

I've had a look through what I have and have whittled the list down to these two. Not what I originally thought I'd go for but a change is as good as a rest as they say.

IMG_3244-L.jpg

I'm leaning towards the Hellcat as I've the Mission Models acrylics I want to try out but the same applies to the Mig-15 too so we'll see what happens on Boxing Day when I go to make a start (I can hear you Col, "Bet he changes his mind and makes a 109 anyway"!

Duncan B

Both of those go together well Duncan, I’m building a variant of a Mig 15

• Like 1

Looking at the quality of the finished builds so far. Some if the kits that have taken a pounding by critics may need to be revisited now can someone do an old tool fw190a 1/48 in a weekend? 

• Like 1

Is it ok for me to take part. I’ve a few Eduard Weekend kits in the stash and a couple of likely candidates.

if so I can make a start tomorrow..

Let me know..

I'll be starting tomorrow (working today), but I don't want to take my new phone down to the shed.

I assume it will be OK if i turn on the timestamp in the photos (from the GPS in the camera) - will also make it easier to follow progress just from the photos 

This has been a truly inspiring build well done to all so far who have taken part and the builds have been of the highest quality I've seen in a lot of group builds. Don't forget to put you finished builds in the gallery  before the build closes people 

• Like 1