Sign in to follow this  
Toolmaker

Pegasus Hobbies 1:144 scale Nautilus

I think this is the place for this build although its probably border line science fiction. As a new member I am catching up with a few builds from the previous 18 months so this is a quick start to finish photo montage. The idea for using the nuts on the base was seen elsewhere and then I just added some paint work.

IMG_2680.jpg -

IMG_2681.JPG -

IMG_2692.JPG -

IMG_2699.JPG -

IMG_2710.JPG -

IMG_2713.JPG -

IMG_2893.JPG -

IMG_2906.JPG -

IMG_2919.JPG -

I hope these images remain upright when I press submit after having a couple of false starts.

Thank you for looking

• Like 3

The base is excellent, that's a great idea. I bought one of these kits a couple of years ago along with the Paragrafix PE and Tirydium lighting set, but that's as far as it has gone.

For some reason I never seem to pick this kit up even though it's been on my wish list for years! Nice base and looks like a great model too.

Thank you everyone for looking and commenting. I'm rubbish at taking photo's and handling/hosting them etc. The kit is an easy build and like Paul I also bought the lighting kit. It was all fitted and working great until just after I closed it up and hey-presto, the lighting stopped working. Such things happen. I tried to give it a copper feel and did weather every panel so it darkened to the corners and then added my take on salt water erosion. It looked ok under good light and an optivisor but doesn't photograph too well. I'll add a few more of the vessel itself and then move along. Thanks again for looking.

Before the mask removal

35ff9f63-ba17-43ea-a3a8-44161cd5c1e4.JPG

and after

f4bd6632-baf0-4cd7-a977-999ae37d39eb.JPG

719d6d0a-9515-4c07-8f9e-d7e2affb390f.JPG

b38ee264-9654-4369-ad98-995030a2dafa.JPG

Lovely! I was hoping to see some close-ups of the Nautilus and I'm not disappointed! Great job!

As for posting pictures, it took me a loooong time to get the hang of that!