Sign in to follow this  
Gimmie Shelter

The Devastator - Star Destroyer - Randy Cooper 1/1500 Resin Kit

Thank you to all of you who followed the many months long build journey of my Randy Cooper Models 1/1500 scale Avenger class Star Destroyer that I have now finally completed and managed to successfully display at Scale Model World 2017. The hardest part being left to last; designing a display stand strong and sturdy enough to mount the model and allowing underside viewing of the hangar work. Many thanks to my friend Paul Martin of IPMS Farnborough for helping me lug around the huge wooden carry case, and to Sam and Josie for taking the kit home from SMW - my Fiat 500 is almost smaller than the completed model so many friends were instrumental in getting this monster to and from the display table top.

Good to meet you Jockster and Mich up at Telford last weekend, its good to put a face to the forum name.

here we go...

IMG_0985IMG_0983IMG_0987IMG_098823633544_10155945845738854_185999193_o23633254_10155945845758854_1125449017_o23633350_10155945845553854_805436718_oyU1xjqKYf76Xlkdutpxxp

again, thanks to all of you who commented and followed the ever so long build journey over on the WIP pages of Brexitmodeller..

May the Force be with you, always..

John

• Like 2

Looking at this will never get old! It kept drawing my eye at Telford whenever it was in line of sight!  What a joy!

Some of those pictures really bring home the level of detail present. I have to stop looking at them whilst on the train into work coz people don't like seeing a grown man drool like this. It really makes me want one of these kits but there is no way i have any room for it and I'm not sure I have the same level of practical skills yet to pull it together as you.

Thank you for sharing the WIP here! It was worth the time you took to upload the pics I promise. Wish I could have seen it in all its resin glory at Telford though 

Si

• Like 1

On ‎20‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 20:08, Madhatter Mk2 said:

Some of those pictures really bring home the level of detail present. I have to stop looking at them whilst on the train into work coz people don't like seeing a grown man drool like this. It really makes me want one of these kits but there is no way i have any room for it and I'm not sure I have the same level of practical skills yet to pull it together as you.

Thank you for sharing the WIP here! It was worth the time you took to upload the pics I promise. Wish I could have seen it in all its resin glory at Telford though 

Si

Thanks Hatter - yep I was a very happy man at Telford

DSCF7413DSCF7412

• Like 2

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 12:45, Madhatter Mk2 said:

you certainly look happy and so you should! It's a marvelous build and one to be proud of for sure. Did you place anywhere with it?

Hi Hatter

I didn't enter it in the competition as I wanted to keep it part of my Farnborough clubs table display - a number of people have suggested entering it next year though, so perhaps..

• Like 2