Muttley

Looking at 3D printing

Howdy,

Been thinking of a printer to make those extra little bits, like a custom stand or bases specific to a model. I know nothing about them other than knowing you also need a CAD program(?) well, software for file import etc.

What are the bare basics I need to know?

2 hours ago, TeeELL said:

I would like a copy too, please LC.  Thanks.

Would it maybe be an idea if I were to write a “3D printing for model makers” introduction guide? Something that had examples, links and illustrations?

• Like 1

That would be an excellent idea.  I keep looking at 3D printers but stop short there.  I realise that I must get to grips with 3D modelling software, the interface software, how to position the 3D model for best printing result, etc, etc, etc!

1 hour ago, Lost Cosmonauts said:

Would it maybe be an idea if I were to write a “3D printing for model makers” introduction guide? Something that had examples, links and illustrations?

Didn't you do something similar for a site near here? I could be misremembering as my memory isn't what it was. Well, I think my memory was better but I could be misremembering that as well.

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Gorby said:

Didn't you do something similar for a site near here? I could be misremembering as my memory isn't what it was. Well, I think my memory was better but I could be misremembering that as well.

Oddly that got edited out of existence in the moments I had before my account got locked. Damned if I was going to leave something that useful behind

Am thinking of doing something far more in-depth and sourced. Maybe a whole ebook

Edited by Lost Cosmonauts
  • Like 3