Sign in to follow this  
Che Guava

3D Mooning?

On 21/01/2021 at 22:51, Che Guava said:

Anyone know anything about this company, 3D printing limited interest light aircraft ?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-72-Mooney-M20J-3d-printed-resin-kit-VFR-Models/203253732111

Dude you gotta proof read your titles...man I was thinking speeding chevy, teenage kid and shocked grandma diorama.. FWIW I've flown many M20s and its a magical little plane, real fly by fingertips stuff, absolute joy and rare to find a good one for sale as owners can only parted from after death...The new ones were even nicer but sadly they've shut up shop, probably permanently

I might be tempted if one of my regulars wants one, though the clear resin canopy looks a tad thick and distorted.

Edited by azureglo
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, azureglo said:

Dude* you gotta proof read your titles... (fixed your spelling mistake :D!)

50 years in the Meeja made me aware of the value of attention-grabbing titles - it worked!

Thanks for your comments on the real one - my 2nd fav 'modern (!) lightplane (1st is the SIAI SF-260) but not flown in either - but when I was a regular reader of 'Pilot and Lightaeroplane', they seemed pretty enthusiastic about both.

Might get the kit* - it's certainly not overpriced - and the canopy can always be replaced with a home-vacform if its that bad. 

* though my current stash rules dictate 'buy one - dispose of two'!

19 hours ago, Che Guava said:

50 years in the Meeja made me aware of the value of attention-grabbing titles - it worked!

Thanks for your comments on the real one - my 2nd fav 'modern (!) lightplane (1st is the SIAI SF-260) but not flown in either - but when I was a regular reader of 'Pilot and Lightaeroplane', they seemed pretty enthusiastic about both.

Might get the kit* - it's certainly not overpriced - and the canopy can always be replaced with a home-vacform if its that bad. 

* though my current stash rules dictate 'buy one - dispose of two'!

Ah, the SF260 as seen shooting at the top gear goons, another honey but very frisky:  had a short flight in a turboprop version in 2016, very twitchy for a basic trainer and needed careful trimming on a low fuel load but man it could turn on a six pence but  drank Jet A1 like a student on a wetherspoons two for one cocktail night., apparently the standard lycoming ones are bit better behaved according to the rather demented ex-Italian AF co-pilot as he encouraged me to to revisit my breakfast with a barrel roll..I can see why they're popular as COIN types but very little endurance for private use  . I saw one of the Czech short companies is doing the in 48 & 72, including the Top Gear US camo planes, quite fancy those.

Edited by azureglo
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, azureglo said:

Ah, the SF260 ...I saw one of the Czech short companies is doing the in 48 & 72, including the Top Gear US camo planes, quite fancy those.

Both Special Hobby and KP are doing them. The Special Hobby ones being the more detailed of the two.