Evening everyone 😁

Yes, imagine the gaul, some upstart johnny foreigner suggesting we actually build Model Cars...

Well, in a word, yes. 😁

Why not have a GB for those of us that enjoy building model cars, and, at the same time, challenge those fuddy duddys that dont normally build cars, to try one out... (no names mentioned of course) (Gorby, Richard etc)😁

Who knows, you might even enjoy it. 

Theres not a huge layout needed here either, there are some damn fine kits from Airfix and Tamiya at happy pocket prices.

Thats it then, thats the idea. 

We would need the usual 15 people minimum for this to be considered, and im sure, it would only be past April, so plenty of time to write letters to the editor and moan about those damn car modellers 😁

So.... up for the challenge?

The List

1- Mad Steve

2- Beowulf 

3- Grunhertz

4- Jessie C

5- RWG 686

6- Vaastav

7- Michelle Edwards

8- Invictaag

9- Gorby 

10- Sprocket

11 - Che Guava 

12- Walrus 

13- SWB 

14 - Artica 123

• Like 1

Wait a minute. This group wasn't supposed to start until the 31st of February 2044 (by which time my ghost can take part).

OK then, if you insist.

I'll be building the thing that @DC3 sent me. I've no idea what it is at the moment. It may even be an automobile.

I'll tell you tomorrow when I brush Boris and his mates' cobwebs off the box.

• Like 2
13 hours ago, Mad Steve said:

Why not have a GB for those of us that enjoy building model cars, and, at the same time, challenge those fuddy duddys that dont normally build cars, to try one out... (no names mentioned of course) (Gorby, Richard etc)😁

It's a definite maybe from me.

Trouble is that I've got nothing in the micro stash and I don't want to buy any more kits at the mo. I'll have a look around to see if there is anything I could cobble together but first could you make a judgement in your official capacity of being mine officious GB fuhrer.

Is it just cars or are civil wheel based vehicles in general permitted?

1 hour ago, skwonk said:

Is there a Honda Jazz available in '72? I can think of a nice little diorama with my recently won Hales steam roller

You know there just might be 😁, but youd need your balaclava cos youd be venturing into model railway territory ( and you know how weird they are 😁)

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Gorby said:

Trouble is that I've got nothing in the micro stash and I don't want to buy any more kits at the mo. I'll have a look around to see if there is anything I could cobble together but first could you make a judgement in your official capacity of being mine officious GB fuhrer.

Is it just cars or are civil wheel based vehicles in general permitted?

I think Im gonna stick to the Car theme on this Gorbs, simply because it can go sideways very quickly with people saying what about this and what about that... 

I do hope you decide to join though, we all love your build threads. 😁

5 hours ago, Mad Steve said:

I think just this once Walrus, we have a non military theme, although you could do the Snipe or Tilly in civvie pyjama's

Still wanna join in? 

No probs Steve 
As said I have a red racing car to build 
So still count me in 

When's the likely start date?

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Mad Steve said:

I think Im gonna stick to the Car theme on this Gorbs,

Well I'm just gowin ta sulk then.

7-Helpful-Tips-To-Deal-With-A-Sulking-Ch

I can't say if I'm going to take part yet, because that would be too helpful.* ¬¬

* that and I don't know.

• Sad 1
3 minutes ago, Gorby said:

7-Helpful-Tips-To-Deal-With-A-Sulking-Ch

Awwww look at that face... 😬

I know ive probably already been banished from your vale already, but if youll allow me to expand on that.... Ive seen Car GB's dissolve into slinging matches about the types of cars allowed... why not jeeps or kubelwagens?, you say 4 wheels, can i build a quad bike?.... 

We all know what a car is, we see and drive them every day. Whether it be a normal car or racing car..... 😁

Please stop sulking, heres a choccie 🍫

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Mad Steve said:

heres a choccie

Where's choccie? Can't find choccie? Do I need to sulk again?

Okey doke.

Final question/attempt to flagrantly undermine the rules - what about sci-fi/what-if/future cars?

• Haha 2
5 hours ago, Gorby said:

Oh, Oh, visions of Brummigums 'finest'................er, I give you the Austin (British Leyland) All agro err, sorry, Allegro1980-austin-allegro.jpg

You will note, of course, this was the way most were seen, when in the wild.........

• Like 1
  • Haha 4