Scale Model World 2017 at Telford International Centre......

Hi Terry there will be a few of us there. I'm going for both days. However, we have no table as we're not IPMS affiliated and everything that  the site does is financed out of own pockets apart for the review samples we get, even a few of those are our own purchases. So given the high cost of tables at Telford we can't really run to it. 

Some members will be displaying on various club and Sig tables though.

I'll be there in a trading capacity. Michelle's not joking about cost. It's eyewatering before the hotels, van hire and fuel are considered.

In addition, this year they require risk assessments filled in and returned prior to the show (for traders and SIGs/club displays), and copies of public liability insurance coverage (the latter from traders at least) to be forwarded. We have this in place already as a manufacturer but from the sounds of it a number of other small businesses don't.

26 minutes ago, sovereignhobbies said:

I'll be there in a trading capacity. Michelle's not joking about cost. It's eyewatering before the hotels, van hire and fuel are considered.

In addition, this year they require risk assessments filled in and returned prior to the show (for traders and SIGs/club displays), and copies of public liability insurance coverage (the latter from traders at least) to be forwarded. We have this in place already as a manufacturer but from the sounds of it a number of other small businesses don't.

Will be good to see you there Jamie 

I'll be there hanging either the L & C or Rivenhall tables and possibly keeping an eye on things for the Splash SIG.

L & C would be happy to accommodate anybody that'd like to exhibit their stuff. It's an anything goes year, but we will be reserving part of the table for Star Wars stuff seeing as it's a special anniversary year.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
9 hours ago, Wafu said:

This time next week I'll be trundling up the M5 to the cold, cold north.

Safe trip to you all who are braving the soap dodging, Buffy shirt wearing, ponytailed minority who give our hobby that certain cultural verity;)

'To the cold, cold North', are you coming to Elgin then? xD

Duncan B

• Like 1
1 hour ago, BlackMike Models said:

That's Inverurie you're thinking of, which is usually at least a couple degrees colder than the surounding countryside. Elgin seems to get more than its fair share of sunshine and warmth. Or perhaps just Inverurie's share.

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, BlackMike Models said:

Duncan B

Now that's outer space, I did 19months in Sumburgh a few years ago, never known wind like it😉 Only warmed by the people in Shetland, great one and all.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Grunhertz said:

Erm off topic?!?!?!? 😀😀😀😀😀😀 

Any further north and we'd be off the map! At least according to the BBC Weather forecast anyway.

Ahem, sorry boss, will try to steer it back on track a bit :$ Not been to Scale Model World but keep thinking about it. Maybe next year. It certainly sounds quite an event.