DC3

AIRFIX 2021

11 hours ago, Michelle Edwards said:

has French decals or the French flew it

I think you will be happy then as the French  armée de terre operated 2 Featherstone- Kite Gentleman's Flying Machine Mk XXVII. This is a simple conversion from the Mk XXVIa or b as it differs only in having a Parisian style parasol and the wing covering was red and white polka dot. (see @Invictaag ship builds for an exact match)  

Being French they were also assembled using left handed screw drivers. 

(and you thought that @DC3 who started all this was crazy! 😃)

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, RWG686 said:

I think you will be happy then as the French  armée de terre operated 2 Featherstone- Kite Gentleman's Flying Machine Mk XXVII. This is a simple conversion from the Mk XXVIa or b as it differs only in having a Parisian style parasol and the wing covering was red and white polka dot. (see @Invictaag ship builds for an exact match)  

Being French they were also assembled using left handed screw drivers. 

(and you thought that @DC3 who started all this was crazy! 😃)

OBJECTION!

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, RWG686 said:

To what?

Never mind..you're overruled anyway., :D

Bloody dictator.

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, RWG686 said:

Sorry, not this year as they are working hard on this.. Not sure if its an F-K Mk XXV1a or b.

Heath Robinson kits should be a thing 

William_Heath_Robinson_Inventions__Page_

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

On 05/01/2021 at 17:47, Mad Steve said:

id love the old Morris Marina kit again......

There isn't half some wierdo's about....

• Haha 3

51 minutes ago, RWG686 said:

Never mind..you're overruled anyway.,

Her we go again, who started him off again?

Now I'll have to go looking in my dusty archives for some of the designs he likes so much.

• Haha 3

May I chip in that I will take it as a personal slight that none of the new releases will cover my own niche interest of Algerian training aircraft of February 1953 and that the dearth of such kits is a glaring oversight as I would have bought at least two?

I will conveniently ignore the sound commercial banker within the releases because I am a born contrarian and look down upon anyone who likes things others have heard of.

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

Just as I pulled my old Chipmunk out last night (titter ye not, it's not a euphemism) I can now breathe a sigh of relief. 

• Haha 10

It was a dull update, everything was the wrong scale, Valiant is not my interest, insipid new releases why couldnt they do it in 1:35. Wheres the vulcan, not another vampire and why oh why is the....... oooh a 48th Chipmunk ...... niiiice!

Did I get your Airfix release bingo card all marked off?

• Haha 4

They're going to produce a 72nd Hawker Tempest so I'm delighted. The Mosquito is another good shout (although it'll no doubt be the wrong sub-type/engine/markings/scale/detail level/price etc. for some) along with a 48th Chipmunk and Vampire (same caveats apply) so at least two of those will be future stash additions for me :) 

Has anyone 'elsewhere' started berating the CAD images yet? Surely that has to have began already.

• Haha 6

2 minutes ago, Sprocket said:

another year hoping Airfix would release a new tool 1/600 Dreadnaught and a 1/32 scale Morris Moggy Minor Supermarine Scimitar dashed.

There you go fella, fixed that for you, on @RWG686's behalf :D 

• Haha 6

3 minutes ago, Sprocket said:

1/32 scale Morris Moggy Minor dashed.

Its 2021.....Still no IM Morris Minor in 24th scale, or 32nd for that matter....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mad Steve said:

Its 2021.....Still no IM Morris Minor in 24th scale, or 32nd for that matter....

I would have thought that given how popular a car it is with enthusiasts, it would have sold well in model form.

Probably sell more than a Supermarine Scimitar. (but they could do both 😆)

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, RWG686 said:

Probably sell more than a Supermarine Scimitar. (but they could do both 😆)

There's a couple Xtrakit examples in the stash I ought to start. That'll spur them on to release a new one.

• Like 3

I'd go for a Morris Minor  Preferably early  with flat spilt windscreen and flip out indicators in 1/24 but I'd take anything lol

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Walrus said:

I'd go for a Morris Minor  Preferably early  with flat spilt windscreen and flip out indicators in 1/24 but I'd take anything lol

with various rear sections so you could build saloon or traveller or van

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Huntsman’s Close said:

May I chip in that I will take it as a personal slight that none of the new releases will cover my own niche interest of Algerian training aircraft of February 1953 and that the dearth of such kits is a glaring oversight as I would have bought at least two?

I will conveniently ignore the sound commercial banker within the releases because I am a born contrarian and look down upon anyone who likes things others have heard of.

Well said, a brilliant example of pure, honest self interest. We need more people like this.

I feel your best bet will be Trumpeter or Hobbyboss which fact will be even more satisfying due to the fact that you'll be able to slag them off to the back end of next week as they will be completly inaccurate in every possible way, completely unbuildable and will come in the wrong kind of box. This last will hit swonk the hardest as we all know how important the packaging is to him.

Edited by DC3
  • Haha 6

Just now, DC3 said:

Well said, a brilliant example of pure, honest self interest. We need more people like this.

I feel your best bet will be Trumpeter or Hobbyboss which fact will be even more satisfying due to the fact that you'll be able to slag them off to the back end of next week as they will be completly inaccurate in every possible way, completely unbuildable and will come in the wrong kind of box.

you forgot the wrong scale and over riveted 

I'm not happy, ( I know, hard to believe right?), there are more and more "proper next door modelling type" posts appearing in this thread, let's try to get a grip of this muchachos, I don't want to have to get the mods involved due to excessive thread drift.

Edited by DC3

54 minutes ago, Col. said:

There's a couple Xtrakit examples in the stash I ought to start. That'll spur them on to release a new one.

Just you wait,I'll definitely spur them on.

(The Laird knows,but he's sworn to secrecy.)

Edited by Miggers