Hi all

This is my latest model completed. Promodeller 1/72 kit.

Photo Etched seat belts, everything else out of the box or scratch built.

Follow this link for the W.I.P.

ewald00166.jpg

ewald00167.jpg

ewald00178.jpg

ewald00168.jpg

ewald00169.jpg

ewald00170.jpg

ewald00171.jpg

ewald00175.jpg

ewald00174.jpg

ewald00173.jpg

ewald00172.jpg

ewald00176.jpg

ewald00177.jpg

All critics and comments are very welcome!

Cheers

• Like 1

I have to say that you did a fantastic job of this kit.  If I didn't already have a few too many of the Fine Molds kits, I'd run out to get one of these and hope my end result would be a fraction as good as yours!

• Like 1

I seem to have missed the Promodeller 109 somehow. Is it related to the Revell offering as it seems to have the wide legged stance of that kit? (I have just about every other 1/72 scale 109 out there). You have done a great job of the paintwork, the colours look to be nicely faded for scale effect. Which paints did you use?

Duncan B

Edited by BlackMike Models
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, BlackMike Models said:

I seem to have missed the Promodeller 109 somehow. Is it related to the Revell offering as it seems to have the wide legged stance of that kit? (I have just about every other 1/72 scale 109 out there). You have done a great job of the paintwork, the colours look to be nicely faded for scale effect. Which paints did you use?

Duncan B

Several of the Revell 1/72 kits issued in the mid-90's were also issued in Promodeller boxes, this is almost certainly the Revell 109. They have different decals to the Revell boxed kits and in the case of the 262 a replacement transparency that is 100% better than the blob that comes with the Revell kit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Paul Brown said:

Several of the Revell 1/72 kits issued in the mid-90's were also issued in Promodeller boxes, this is almost certainly the Revell 109. They have different decals to the Revell boxed kits and in the case of the 262 a replacement transparency that is 100% better than the blob that comes with the Revell kit.

Thanks Paul, I thought the position of the legs looked familiar (set too far apart/out from the fuselage) and the supercharger intake (which was actually the first thing that made me wonder). Take nothing away from Paulo's wonderfully finished model though, it is fantastic.

Duncan B

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BlackMike Models said:

I thought the position of the legs looked familiar (set too far apart/out from the fuselage)

I think with the doors off it looks even more obvious, especially as the real gear legs were attached to the fuselage (but you knew that already!)

To be fair the Revell 109 can be picked up cheap as chips and isn't a bad starting point if you put a bit of effort into it.

• Like 2

I cannot comment on the kit itself or the aircraft, that's for the experts in that field of modeling. What I do see is a nicely built model, seams and joins carefully cleaned up, good looking paintwork and a nicely restrained hand with the weathering. If I had to pick out anything, then what keeps catching my eye is the swastika on the tail in the second last picture, and that's all it's doing, just drawing my eye to it. It seems blacker than the main fuselage cross. I cannot call my comment critique because I just don't know the subject.  My colleagues will put me right shortly, hopefully!

I hope you are as proud of your model as you rightly should be. Nice one Paulo.

• Like 1