Sign in to follow this  
MikeC

Fly Bristol Freighter

Paul Brown    315

Airfix did the Super Freighter that requires quite a bit of chopping to turn into a Freighter. I've got a Magna conversion set and some decals for the A & AEE bird, but this release looks interesting and there's dozens of liveries that could be used.

MikeC    92
5 hours ago, Paul Brown said:

Airfix did the Super Freighter that requires quite a bit of chopping to turn into a Freighter. I've got a Magna conversion set and some decals for the A & AEE bird, but this release looks interesting and there's dozens of liveries that could be used.

Absolutely Paul, I remember it was the Super freighter version, I also remember Alan Hall using a balsa nose and various other bits to turn it into a Freighter in Airfix Magazine many years ago.

Ah, nostalgia ain't what it used to be. :)

Paul Brown    315
8 minutes ago, MikeC said:

Absolutely Paul, I remember it was the Super freighter version, I also remember Alan Hall using a balsa nose and various other bits to turn it into a Freighter in Airfix Magazine many years ago.

Ah, nostalgia ain't what it used to be. :)

For those that can't wait for the Fly kit(!) :D

Image 02.jpg

Image 03.jpg

Image 01.jpg

Image 04.jpg

• Like 3

Rory    120

Paul, can you get the registration number of the Series One Landrover at the bottom of the artical please? One like that has just sold for about £12,000.

Just noted it's from a different artical , would it be possible for me to have a copy of the artical please, costs would of course be paid. 

Thanks.

Edited by Rory

Paul Brown    315

It looks like 44AEW, but it's very indistinct. Finding the original paper copies could be bit challenging, but I can email the PDF doc.