Lost Cosmonauts

Parasaurolophus skull

Wow! Is that with your new printer or your old one? The quality looks great.

Only a couple of weeks ago I was looking the see if there are good quality 3D downloads of early creatures like trilobites. I couldn't find any, but I've just noticed the site you linked to has some, reasonably basic reconstructions. If there were a few good ones I think that would persuade me to finally get a resin printer.

3 minutes ago, Gorby said:

Wow! Is that with your new printer or your old one? The quality looks great.

Only a couple of weeks ago I was looking the see if there are good quality 3D downloads of early creatures like trilobites. I couldn't find any, but I've just noticed the site you linked to has some, reasonably basic reconstructions. If there were a few good ones I think that would persuade me to finally get a resin printer.

Old FDM printer - printed up at roughly 50cm from nose to crest tip. Print quality is actually ok as long as you take care with setting up and bed levelling

If you are after 3D files for fossils then this is a decent list  http://www.idigfossils.org/open-source-3d-models/

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Lost Cosmonauts said:

If I start another model or printing project before the move there is every chance that the first thing leaving the house in a box will be me

Would I be right in thinking your other half is also a Scot? Where I came from that could be classed as either 'being frugal' OR 'forward planning'! 

• Haha 2