Michelle Edwards

1:35 Tamiya Panther G ( Early)

Started this the other day and been working on it on bits as I've been able to get to the bench.

This is primarily being built for a weathering demonstration I have been asked to do but Paul of Modelling Tools for his Extreme Weathering Show in late May.

Although I'm an occasional armour modeller this is going to be new territory for me, never having demonstrated any of my modelling techniques to anyone.

IMG_0018_zpsxscbadna.jpg

The version I'm building which is the same as the box art requires Zimmerit, Which Tamiya don't provide but they do provide instructions on making your own with putty and a straight edge!

IMG_0015_zpsw9w8hyj9.jpg

This was my attempt. I thought it looked a bit patchy but when looking at Zimmerit in photos it was not perfect, so I'm hoping my effort will past muster.

IMG_0019_zpslyqroz1s.jpg

After starting on the road wheels and trying out AK interactive/Meng's German Tank colours the Zimmeritt looks okay to me.

Anyway this is as far as I have got to date. (And yes I know I still have the rubber rims to do).

More soon.

• Like 3

Right here we go with this weekends progress. My time has mostly been taken up with trying to create Zimmeritt!

Started with the upper hull.

IMG_0173_zps7ix3aost.jpg

Then on to the turret 

IMG_0174_zpsci0ggbm7.jpg

Then a try out of how it's going to look once I get it together 

IMG_0175_zpsfs3csdjp.jpg

And then on with the paint

IMG_0176_zpsaq3myolp.jpg

IMG_0177_zpsgaep523a.jpg

Thanks for looking, more soon.

• Like 3

Okay, this is what she looked like when I got back from the Extreeme Wheathering Show

IMG_0218_zpslr8tlej6.jpg

IMG_0219_zpsos326cdt.jpg

A right mix of weathering mediums and techniques and missing all its stowage.

So after a weekend of washes, pigments and finishing off the build, I got her looking like this.

IMG_0231_zpsxqnxb2mu.jpg

More in the Gallery in a few minutes.