Well after the whitley its time for something a little different. So inspired by @mac1677 im doing an Academy F4J in a pirate scheme

IMG-20201116-WA0007.thumb.jpeg.0fcb1591ce3cd05e6c8478a8293f6214.jpeg

as it was supplied to me by one @BlackMike Models so it'll be out of the box apart from an eduard zoom cockpit 

The first thing I did was joined both bits of the fuselage floor together as that looks like its gaps waiting to happen otherwise. 

20201121_100245.thumb.jpg.274c3267ae29c3231e964684702f4a6f.jpg

Then it was the cockpit with the zoom pe set. Again  I'd never be able to paint this . 

20201121_180731.thumb.jpg.581993573068264fced040f655ceb49d.jpg20201121_185752.thumb.jpg.69e9b6df1e837067667d061596564a6d.jpg

• Like 9

9 hours ago, BlackMike Models said:

Nice work so far. Believe it or not I have never actually seen inside the box of one of these!

Duncan B

The inside of the box is like a lot of modern kits, daunting. Then when you look at the multi coloured plastic, the rose tinted specs of matchbox go on but tbh its a nice looking modern kit with tons of weapons, I'm going full CAP on this one with sparrows and sidewinders

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Miggers said:

When did Coastal use these then Darren?.......

Never mate but doing 200 odd airframes will tend to bore me if I'm honest 

13 hours ago, skwonk said:

Nailing the tail is the thing cos that's where everybody looks first on F4's.

The saving grace is that the staining was unique to each panel and they did get changed occasionally so there are lots of variations in colour which helps.

Duncan B

Edited by BlackMike Models

14 hours ago, skwonk said:

Nailing the tail is the thing cos that's where everybody looks first on F4's.

Never knew the tails on an F4 was attached by nails. #SchoolDay 

• Haha 3

Nice choice, wondered what these were like to build. I've always wanted to build another US Phantom after I built one (hasegawa USN kit) when i was about 14 (probs about the same time as Maradona ruined my childhood! .... see previous posts!). I'd like to do the one that landed on the old Ark, got hangared for a weekend then appeared on deck with a spanking new Omega tail. Not sure which mark they were .... but enough about my ramblings, great start looking forward to more!

Bob