goon

Soldering etched brass - laminates specifically

Hi Gang,

I'm starting to build the 1/24 ladder in the Flight Path Harrier set. I have to laminate three long parts to form the uprights. Is it better to use CA or solder. If solder, how? (I understand the principles of soldering, just not the techniques for holding parts in place, etc.) Any help appreciated.

Cheers,

Gareth 

Soldering, a skill akin to alchemy. Brenton on the Repair Shop makes it look so easy. Some sort of jig for your ladder is likely to be a must have.

Gareth, not sure without seeing a picture but;

The above link, post 22 July 2018 covers soldering laminated parts via the tinning method. You can also hold the parts in tweezers and edge solder them. 

Pages 2,3 and 4 all have etch ladder builds but probably a bit different to yours

if you can show a picture of what you want to do, I’ll try to be more concise 👍🏼

Edited by Toolmaker

Feels like an obscure place for this heading, if Darren hadn’t tagged me I would be unlikely to spot the question. I mean the whole modelling tips thing, not Gareth’s specific question. It might get more representation within the chat section. I don’t normally scroll this low, although I often stoop lower!

Edited by Toolmaker

3 hours ago, Toolmaker said:

Feels like an obscure place for this heading, if Darren hadn’t tagged me I would be unlikely to spot the question. I mean the whole modelling tips thing, not Gareth’s specific question. It might get more representation within the chat section. I don’t normally scroll this low, although I often stoop lower!

last time i tried reordering things i ended up deleting all the group builds, so i'll leave it where it is lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Grunhertz said:

last time i tried reordering things i ended up deleting all the group builds, so i'll leave it where it is lol

Fair does Darren, that’s as good a reason not to tamper as I’ve seen 👍🏼👍🏼

22 hours ago, Grunhertz said:

Amateur. rofl.gif.2b4f1fa2c83b74f989b425f9996b08b1.gif  I'll look into it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1