Mad Steve

Tamiya 1/48th HUMVEE

Afternoon Everyone 😬

Another one done 

Really a lovely little kit. All finishes are Tamiya (Light sand LP 27 I think) with just a black panel wash. I assume that military fuzz vehicles are kept spick and span so i kept the weathering to a minimum. 

20201110_113824.thumb.jpg.097886a5f9c626e49483c22cb806e4d9.jpg

20201110_113834.thumb.jpg.de8f55adbdb863b83b0e013853d43f79.jpg

20201110_113914.thumb.jpg.b7ed26ae68953728b2d514fe673aae1e.jpg

thanks for looking 

• Like 5

On 11/11/2020 at 8:46 AM, Gorby said:

Ugly vehicle - but beautiful model.

How's that possible?

They are quite Ugly :) 

They are quite big too, I have seen a couple of Humvee's, but actually when you compare to a Land Rover...

They are about the same length, but the Humvee is much wider... 

20201112_104859.thumb.jpg.885c41817492f4f6e7f06edab67b22f0.jpg

• Like 2

Military Fuzz,Military fuzz,I suspect Consty-bule Gault(Retd)might have something to say about that young man.

Wider than a Landy Defender 110? that's so it can accommodate the wider Murrycan posteriors I'd imagine.

There's a black stretched "limo" variant that lurks around here to transport the lower ranks in their "best" togs to

whatever evening venue they go to(plenty of room to social distance in the thing,it's about 50' long)

Nice job though Steevie,nice job.

Edited by Miggers
  • Haha 3

If im not mistooked , The right hon, his lairdship Consty-bule Gault (Retd) (please use his correct title) was in what is know as the Polis. I believe the Polis deal mainly with drunken haggis and the occasional theft of the lairds wife, or was it pheasants.... 😬

Military Fuzz have M2 machine guns and Mk19 grenade launchers to keep a bunch of grunts going doolaly on piss poor murican beer every friday night, and occasionally direct the odd tank or two down the right roads.... 

So weh... :harhar:

• Haha 3

And where the hell is the right(or left)honerabil His Lairdyshipness Consta-boil Gault(Ret'd)of the Argylian Polis when you want him to verify or scupper these scurrilous drunken Haggis arrests or occasional thefts of The Laird's Mrs or peasants

I might well wonder.

Is he gallivanting about the landscape in his stripey Land-Rover and Polis outfit,12 bore in hand looking for a drunken Haggis or even a peasant to appropriate for his and the Lairdy-ess's dinner I wonder?

More likely lurking in his loftyesque workshop,toiling away on a Scottish Navy Air Arm Seaking I'd imagine.

Edited by Miggers
  • Haha 2