I actually did something today, woohoo....
I connected all the bits up to the engine, and added the injectors to the back of the heads.
Now I said I was going to do a X-19 Smoke wash, but honestly I don't think its needed. What I might do is just give it a light dry brush with aluminium once its mounted in the frame.
Onto the frame... I added all the hard points and put it aside to dry. You might notice I haven't cleaned up the joint down the centre of the frame... Once its all together all you can see is the head of the frame. You might say, but I would know the seam is there, and you'd be right, I do know its there, and I don't care, so weh, brrrp!
The swing arm was also all put together... sounds like it just all falls together, but it took me about 10 minutes to realise that the two sides of the swingarm are not the same, and once I'd actually put my glasses on I could sort it out
Oh, before the wheel went it, I removed the mold line along the centre of the tyre. Just use a rough sanding stick and file it down, but remember that once you've done it just give the rest of the tyre a quick rub over too so that it basically all looks the same. If you wanted to bring a little more theatre to your tyres (I mean, who doesn't ) you can dry brush a medium grey over them. Makes them stand out a bit if they look a bit dull after rubbing them down. You can also drybrush the sides of the tyres to make the lettering stand out.
And after all that, I attached the engine to the frame...
A lot of these bikes have engines that are attached with mini screws and they can end up looking a bit out of scale. The easiest fix for this is just to paint the screws the same colour as the frame when they're installed. You could go the whole hog of using plastic rod instead of the screws, upto you
That's it for today, off to make Lasagne