Jump to content

Madhatter Mk2

  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

208 Excellent

About Madhatter Mk2

  • Rank
    Advanced Member

Personal Information

  • Location
    Hiding in my man-boy cave in Melbourne

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Madhatter Mk2

    British Airways L1011 TriStar - Negus & Negus Livery

    That's gorgeous! Those windows look awesome but it's the wings that are the biggest draw card for me - that pant work is fantastic and the dropped flaps, slats and so on look great Looking forward to seeing more airliners from you John
  2. Madhatter Mk2

    BA Landor Colours

    I have pretty much given up looking for an exact match (excluding Xtracolour as no one here sells it and the last time I tried it I hated the way the paint performed) and have just made up my own custom mix of paints. Seems to have come out OK but I will leave that for you to decide when I put pics of my project up in the coming weeks
  3. Madhatter Mk2

    BA Landor Colours

    Well, I think I got the blue sussed but not the grey. I shall keep looking
  4. Madhatter Mk2

    BA Landor Colours

    I'm sure this has been asked a million times before elsewhere but I just can't seem to find the answers What colours did BA use for that particular scheme? Is it light Grey, Red and Royal Blue? Who makes the closest match with paints? thanks in advance
  5. Madhatter Mk2

    Corvette C-7R

    thanks Richard I just used Tamiya Black from a rattle can into the airbrush. Nice and easy with no polishing involved Si
  6. Madhatter Mk2

    Zvezda Star Destroyer - a new detailing project

    LOL - sorry bro - I have been some what side tracked of late. Once I get back on Monday, I am hoping to pick it up again. I have taken some shots of the start of the sidewalls but it's not exciting.
  7. Madhatter Mk2

    Corvette C-7R

    thanks guys I realised that I forgot to add the exhaust tips to the sides which I made from squished brass tube and look good. I'll retake some pics later
  8. Madhatter Mk2

    Corvette C-7R

    Hi guys As a side project to my Star Destroyer, I have been building Revell's C-7R for a bit of a change. However, I didn't go down the yellow road, I went down the black road. Thankfully, I didn't have any issues getting my body to fit on or have any interference in the engine and the hood areas. I am painfully aware of the paint bleed at the rear and the other finish issues it has - I will try to fix that up soon. The rear wing is also slightly off which is of course something I fixed AFTER I took the photos. Opps. I took a couple of shots to show the interior before it went in as you don't get to see it all now Well, that's it. It was a fun little side project and I'm glad I did it. It looks like a Corvette and to me, that's what matters Thanks for looking Si
  9. Madhatter Mk2

    Zvezda Star Destroyer - a new detailing project

    That was how I got my start in the detailing world when I began by copying a Japanese modeller called Yatasith and his amazing Venator. Whilst I d generally do my own thing these days, as you say, every now and then a build will pop up and it inspires me to give what they did a go. I think that's why I have a large stash and not enough time or space to do any of them
  10. Madhatter Mk2

    Zvezda Star Destroyer - a new detailing project

    thanks guys. I'm sorry I haven't updated this lately - I have been working on a couple of other projects and will return to this again soon
  11. Madhatter Mk2

    Quantas Boeing 767-200 - Hasegawa 1/200

    ohhhh - where did you get that grab bag from Jessie? I wouldn't mind something like that myself. I don't think it's something I'll get in a hobby shop here
  12. Madhatter Mk2

    Revell 1/32 F-4G Phantom II

    I love the Euro1 scheme on anything and this is no exception! Fantastic build
  13. Madhatter Mk2

    Zvezda Star Destroyer - a new detailing project

    2 days back and I have already pretty much finished the bridge and neck section. I'll run a light grey wash over it once everything has dried and sealed proper. There are still a couple of sections I need to hand brush to bring up to spec. I'll take some lit shots once I have connected the remaining fiber optics. That's it for now. I have to finish painting the big antenna in the middle as well as replace all the broken projections on the shield generators but I'll do that once the bridge is attached to the body As always, thanks for looking Si
  14. Madhatter Mk2

    MD-11 Luxury Liner - American Airlines in 1/144 by Eastern Express

    LOL - like I said - someone with skills can do a bang up job on it. I am just not that kind of person
  15. Madhatter Mk2

    MD-11 Luxury Liner - American Airlines in 1/144 by Eastern Express

    What wasn't the issue with it. The wheel well fairings on the back do not fit at all, the wing roots don't meet the edges of the fuselage and the way the fuselage goes together is just poor engineering. Those are just a couple of issues I had with it when I started it on the 'the other place' Russia GB and it hasn't been looked at again since. I don't normally have too many negatives to say about kits because I usually feel that issues can be more of a reflection of skill than the kit, but in this instance, it really is a crap kit. However, in the view of honesty, I am probably not the best skilled person to be building it either....