Jump to content


  • Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

174 Excellent

About Invictaag

  • Rank
    Advanced Member

Personal Information

  • Location
    N. Ireland
  1. 1/48 CANA Lynx Mk.23

    Looks really good Gareth, nice to see different markings as well, Cheers Andy
  2. Bon Retour 1/25 scale Artesania Latina

    I used a single strip of Mahogany for the lower part of the Keel. I used contact adhesive to fit the strip, starting at the Stern and working my way towards the Bow, gluing a couple of inches at a time. Once fitted I gave the strip a couple of coats of Shellac Sanding Sealer, left it a few days and then cleaned up the rough edges. I used the plans to mark out the water line and then painted the lower Hull using Admiralty Paints red ochre. These paints are made by Caldercraft and are matched to the original colours used by the Royal Navy in the 17th and 18th century. They are made to be used on wood, are water based and give a great finish. I decided to fit the Rubbing Strake before painting the upper Hull. I marked out the position of the top of the Strake whilst soaking 2 strips of 4mm by 1.5mm Walnut. They were clamped to the Hull and dried using a hairdryer and left for a day or two and then I painted the top and bottom of both Strakes with Azure coloured paint. I double checked the position again and then using a combination of C.A. gel and wood glue, attached the Rubbing Strakes starting at the Bow, sticking a short section at a time, clamping each bit and leaving over night before moving to the next bit. I wanted to be sure these Strakes were firmly fitted because there are a couple of twists and curves and the Walnut is not very flexable. The ends of both Rubbing Strakes were then trimmed down and then I marked out the water line again. I used Tamiya masking tape making sure it was firmly pushed down, and then painted the upper Hull with matt black making sure I was carefull near the Rubbing Strake edges. Cheers Andy
  3. Pocher 1/4 Ducati

    Ken, you've produced a great looking Bike, if you photographed in your driveway it would look like a real Ducati, BTW I really like the blue, Cheers Andy
  4. I'm looking forward to following this build,
  5. Pocher 1/4 ducati panigale

    Great work Ken, in some of those photos it looks like the real thing, Cheers Andy
  6. Hasegawa / Mania 1/48 Ki27 'Nate'

    Very nice, a great looking aircraft, Cheers Andy
  7. Bon Retour 1/25 scale Artesania Latina

    Thanks Mish, yes I like the different woods as well, I wood, sorry, would like to leave the boat unpainted but there are a few areas where you can see the edge of Plywood and it spoils the finish. Thanks Darren, I have started painting the Hull, I am just using thin coats so you can see the planking, but it's going to take a while. I am also about to start fitting the Top Rail which looks like being a real pain, it is already shaped and it doesn't quite fit so I need to spend some time thinking how I am going to sort this out, Cheers Andy
  8. Photobucket Fix

    I have just discovered there is an Extension you can get for Chrome and Firefox that allows you to see all the pictures that Photobucket held to ransom. I have it working on my P.C. but I haven't got one to work on my Android Tablet yet. Cheers Andy
  9. Corvette K-165 "Battleford" Paper model

    A great looking ship, very neat and tidy, and I've enjoyed watching you build it, Cheers Andy
  10. Bon Retour 1/25 scale Artesania Latina

    I gave the Hull a couple of coats of Sanding Sealer and whilst it was drying I got on and fitted the inner Bulwark Rail. This runs the full length of the Hull and is made from 3mm by 1.5mm Walnut strip. It was difficult to measure the length of the rail on the inside of the Hull so I measured the outside of the Hull and cut the plank to that length. One end was filed to fit against the Stem Post and then it was a case of gradually trimming the other end to fit against the Stern remembering to angle the end to match the angle of the Stern. I used wood glue and once I was happy that the Rail was parallel with the Bulwark top I clamped the Rail in place. It was then a case of repeating the whole thing again with the Rail on the other side. I left the boat for a couple of days and once the clamps were removed I gave the Rails a few coats of white paint. Cheers Andy
  11. Yak 3 Eduard 1/48

    Very nice, I do like the Yak 3, and your's has turned out really well, Cheers Andy
  12. The results are In!

    Very well done to the winners and to everyone who took part, I really enjoyed it. Again many thanks to Mish and Darren for organising this challenge, Cheers Andy
  13. Airliner windows- HEEEEEELP!

    Why not do a Cargo version, you only have to worry about the Cockpit Window then, Cheers Andy
  14. Amazing, that's difficult using Photoetch, but in card wow,
  15. Bon Retour 1/25 scale Artesania Latina

    I can't believe it's been a month since my last post on this build. I have finally got the Hull planking finished. This has taken far longer than I thought it would and the way I have done it is not really the way it should be done but I wanted to practice laying planks and just concentrated on getting them to run parallel with the Keel. The planks were laid allowing them to follow their natural run which meant there were a few gaps left between planks. What has taken the time is the filling in of these gaps, gradually trimming the "fillers" down with a scalpel and file until they fitted. On a real ship these filler planks should not end in a point but be cut into the ajoining planks but if I fitted the planks that way I would probably still be working on the Hull this time next year. The Hull is a little bit rough at the moment and will need to be smoothed down, before I do this I have given the Hull a coat of Shellac Sanding Sealer, this will soak into the wood and will make smoothing the Hull down easier. Cheers Andy