Jump to content

Jessie_C

Members
  • Content Count

    2,470
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

5,292 Excellent

2 Followers

About Jessie_C

  • Rank
    Advanced Member
  • Birthday September 29

Personal Information

  • Location
    Vancouver

Recent Profile Visitors

1,608 profile views
  1. I can, but not in polite company. I'd also have to resort to both official languages to do it, and that's just not fair to monolinguals.
  2. The contrast between the desert car and the lush green grass in the background is difficult to get past
  3. I've got the Mk. V halfway built and Turkish markings to go on. It'll sit beside the Turkish FW-190 I did previously.
  4. Done by the RAF? That means that they stuck strictly to The Book, which includes the strengthening strips.
  5. Situations like this are precisely the reason why the modelling gods invented aftermarket. Does the windscreen have the early "V" shape or do you only get the flat centre panel?
  6. Because they're structural. They corrected a defect of the early versions that left uncorrected can cause the upper wing skins to balloon leading to eventual uncommanded and undesired collisions with the Planet.
  7. Okay, I'm in with what was at the time the best Spitfire ever kitted. Still hard to beat. Inside the box, you get pretty much everything you need with surprisingly few parts. Complicated this kit is not. My chosen aftermarket. Ultracast seat (to replace Tamiya's silly half-assed attempt), exhausts and wheels, plus Mike Grant instrument decals. Of course this being a Tamiya kit, I'm probably going to get about 2/3 done and stall wondering what's going wrong because it went together so well. I've been doing 'challenging' kits for so long I've lost the knack of bu
  8. I think that those were added in late 1941/early 1942, long after your model's chosen time frame.
  9. It got me a third place ribbon at the local IPMS show that year...
  10. Motivated by Sprocket's idea to do a junker in his 1940 Ford build, I dug out my 1941 Plymouth where I did much the same. This model was done 15-odd years ago. I have a recurring mad idea where I will do a little famryard vignette with grass growing up through the engine... I ground little holes from the back of the body shell using the Dremel, then used baking soda and superglue for the rust. It's easy to go too far, so stop just before it looks like enough. You can always add more later. I painted the rusty spots, then sprayed the overall colour and gently sanded thro
  11. Lo, these many years ago,I did just that with the AMT '41 Plymouth. I'll put more photos in the discussion thread to avoid taking over your build thread.
×
×
  • Create New...